1. A Post Graduate degree from a recognised University in a language/literature recognised by the Akademi.
2. Good Knowledge of Hindi/English and one or more Indian languages of the region concerned.
3. Five years experience in editing literary and scholarly manuscripts and overseeing them through the various stages of production.
4. Basic knowledge of computer application.
Desirable: 1. A research degree in literature.
2. Research experience and published work.
3. General knowledge of Indian literature.
4. Diploma in Journalism.